Monday, May 7, 2012

Do I Tip the 2nd Hairdresser?

Hi. I got my hair cut last night at a salon I had never been to before; one with a good reputation in a local mall. I got a shampoo, cut and blow dry for $38 and tipped $5. It's a short bob with some long layers. After I got home I noticed some longer strands of hair hanging down but thought it might just be how it dried. After washing my hair this morning, it is very obvious that the entire bottom is badly uneven. I called the salon and they are having me go back tonight to have a different stylist correct it. My questions are: Will the salon charge me for this service? Should I expect a credit for having to make a repeat trip? Do I tip this second hairdresser tonight? And if so, how much? Help appreciated! Thanks!



Do I Tip the 2nd Hairdresser?

You should receive the correction absolutely free. You can tip the 2nd stylist if you want to, but if the salon is the type that pays the stylists through the salon and not the client paying the stylist directly, the 2nd stylist should receive the 1st stylist's money anyway through a commission switch.



Do I Tip the 2nd Hairdresser?

If they are serious they won't charge. If it's the same hairdresser that screwed up don't tip her. If it's a different one and she does a good job you can tip her if you want.



Do I Tip the 2nd Hairdresser?

I would have the second hairdresser trim it .Its usually the manager so don't worry about the second tip.You shouldn't have to pay.People are human and make mistakes.If it was they hair next to your ears its a common mistake that hair always hides exspecially if you wear earings you shouldn't have to pay or leave a tip.If you go in there politely the original girl who cut it would even be happy to redue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment