Friday, March 30, 2012

Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

I have a question. I am African-American and visit a salon every six weeks for a relaxer touch up. Everytime I go, the stylist clips my end, however I have noticed that she clips more than the ends...she clips my hair. A few months ago, my hair was two and a half inches past my shoulder. Now it is just an inch past my shoulder and it makes me mad. Is this normal? My ends were not that bad. How do I know how much the stylist should cut? It seems like she just continues to cut off the growth I get each month. I am really frustrated. What should I do?



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

Your ends may be worse than you think because of the relaxing treatments. I hadn't gotten my hair cut in a couple months and just wanted to get the bad ends off...ended up with 4 inches cut off my hair! I had no idea it was that bad. I would talk to your stylist about it though, make sure she's just cutting the bad parts. If you think it's not bad at all you could just ask her not to trim it. If you're trying to grow out your hair though, keeping your ends nice will help it look better when it does eventually grow out.



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

Talk to her about it. Tell her you only want an inch off as that should take care of any split ends.



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

Tell her how you feel. Don't worry about offending her, she might get a little pricked at you now, but you might save her her job in the future! (if she cut off to much of a certain persons hair she might get it!) Tell her you like your hair long, and that you'd appreciate it if she would cut only the minimum you need cut.



OR don't get your hair cut!



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

find a stylist that is not scissor happy



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

tell her repedily that u ONLY want the split ends off. u said that your split ends arent bad so she souldnt be cutting that much off. if she continues this go to a neew salon



good lluck



-mae



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

You need to tell her exactly how much you do want cut. Or at least tell her a limit. Like, I don't want over an inch no matter what. An inch and a half shorter isn't that much shorter if your hair wasn't in good shape. But, you said it was in good shape. Maybe she thought that it was more damaged than you thought. Sounds like you guys have a communication problem. You just need to express how you feel about it or find a new hair stylist.



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

hair grows on average about an inch every 6 weeks and your hairdresser is probably under the impression that you are happy with the length if you have been doing the same thing for a long time if your not happy then talk to her! i would never let someone cut my hair if i had trouble communuicating with them!



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

Do you go to the same stylist every time? Or is it a different person?



If it's the same stylist, confront him/her about it so that they can explain why they took so much off.



If it's a different person, explain what you want done, and have them show you on your hair BEFORE THEY CUT IT where they judge the split ends to stop, that way you know where your hair will be cut, and you both agree on the amount being cut before you go under the clipper.



Normally after 6 weeks they should cut no more than 1/2 an inch for a healthy trim, but relaxers can cause more damage...CAN...but not ALWAYS...so this may not be your case.



My hair is extremely long (13 inches past my waist), and a "clip happy" stylist would probably make me go postal. I make them point where they will cut beforehand, and if I disagree with the point they choose, I walk out...because most stylists have HUGE egos.



Best thing to do is find someone who has hair like yours...texture AND length...they will understand you better. It's hard but pays off in the end.



Hope that helps!



*cheers*



Salon Trim Split Ends...Trim to much hair?

Your hair only needs to be clipped if your ends are damaged. Stylists have the tendency to get very scissor happy and our hair suffers. I had your same experience a week or so ago and I am not happy. You need to tell him/her you DO NOT want your ends clipped. It's your hair and you're paying them for a service, your request should be respected. I'm only getting my ends clipped every few months, not weeks. If you want to learn more about maintaining your length, growth, treating split ends at home, the right kind of shampoos and even more information go to www.healthytextures.com and www.healthytextures.ning.com I have learned priceless information from real women with real results including me, and great advice. We've been mis educated about our hair alot of the time. Time to educate yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment