Friday, March 30, 2012

My hair looks horrible... anyone who knows about hair... please help!!!?

My hair was down to the middle of my back, but my last 2 stylist would always texturize and thin my hair because of the thickness even though I would repeatily say I didnt like it like that. I ended up having a friend cut my hair to my shortest layer (a little past my chin) because I couldnt stand the texturized thinned out look. I found a new stylist and the first time she trimmed up my hair she did so well. The second time (again I reminded her I don't like it texturized and thinned) she ended up texturizing it and thinning it. That was about a month ago. Since my hair is thick it dries really badly with this kind of hairdo. It looks like a horrible poof mess as soon as the texturized layers start.



I'm trying to grow my hair out and promote hair health but the only way to tame my hair is to straighten it. .



Any idea how i could get it cut without too much being cut off? (i'm really trying hard to grow it out.)



Any suggestions on how to style it without product and irons?



My hair looks horrible... anyone who knows about hair... please help!!!?

I have been a hairstylist for over 12 years. I am also a master educator. The reason i think they are thinning/texturizing might be because the style you are showing them. If you tell them it is soooo thick also. Is your hair curly/wavy? Is that why you are using the straighting iron? Using the iron to much can cause your hair to frizz and dry out.. no matter what products you use.



YOU MUST USE PRODUCTS TO STYLE YOUR HAIR. This notion of going natural and having the look you want without products is a wise tale. Why do you think the stylist use products. It is to control your hair, protect your hair, define the style cut.



If you do not want it to feel thinned out.. Just simple get a blunt cut. But remember their is not much of a styled look to that.



It is really hard to say what is going on in your hair without actually seeing it in person. I do a lot of corrective cuts...



Contact me directly. If you do not live in my area I can referr you to excellent hairstylist that are also educators in your area.



My hair looks horrible... anyone who knows about hair... please help!!!?

Hmm. As for the cut, theres nothing more you can do than really drive home the point of not wanting it thinned. But are the hairdressers doing this for a reason? try going to traditional salon and not a trendy one, that works for me!! I hate when hairdressers dont listen properly though, my hair was long too untill mines chopped it ALL OFF! but it grows!!



I think you could do with either using better conditioner or a leave in spray. I found with my frizz, good conditioning gets it under control! You can do away with the heat spray that way. And just perfect your blowdrying, you shouldnt need straightners if you do! Good luck though, i hate when i dont like my hair too!



My hair looks horrible... anyone who knows about hair... please help!!!?

Cut your hair to the shortest layer that you can handle taking it to. This will minimize the layers. Keep repeating this until the layers have completely grown out. Tell the stylist that you want a blunt cut....no layers and no thinning. Tell her you like your thick hair and make it clear. A good conditioner should help smooth the texture some but it will need to grow out.



I saw another answer about having to use products. No you do not HAVE to use products. It really depends on the style you are trying to achieve as well as your hair type and texture. Often a good cut and proper blow dry (blow downward from the top of your head to prevent frizz) can give a natural beautiful style. For example if you want spiked hair of course you will need product for that. I think mousse is a good product for light control but I really think hairspray is very unnatural looking no matter what the style. Too much product can actually dampen style, I like touchable hair. :)



Hairstylists use products to hold a style in place...usually a style with layers and/or thinning. Hairdressers think style is about flips, layers and what not....often 'experienced' hairdressers get deeply into their habits and ideas of what they consider style and sometimes take it a little too far, which you have noticed. This is why they keep giving you that type of a cut. Not everyone likes that, it is a lot of maintenance and is not always practical, so do not feel as though it is necessary. Get what you are comfortable with. You can go with the blunt cut until your thinned layers grow out and then take it from there. If your hair is wavy or curly, any stylist should know that thinning and layers will cause tons of frizz (it can also create frizz in straight hair, but not to the same degree) but they are concerned with style and use loads of product to control the style and the frizz that comes with it. It just really isn't practical at all, many of us do not want to spend oodles of time on our hair to have cover girl style. Many stylist think they know what you want better than you. You need to tell them what YOU want and make it clear so their ears start working again and that should help solve their scissor happy ways for the future.



My hair looks horrible... anyone who knows about hair... please help!!!?

i had the same problem untill i learned to deal with what i had.What i did was just do the same routine. don't go to the shop any more because they always **** your hair u. Just keep straightening it. and makig sure its oily. ( not too oily) Just enough so you hair don't catch fire in the sun. And wash every week. I had to do this for about 3 months before i could tame it. Also DO NOT PUT CHEMICALS IN HAIR. (gell, jam, sprits) these things will cause your hair to break off. Just wash, wrap, grease (if black) and straighten it. It depends on how offen your hair gets dry for you to grease it. ( you determin.) Aslo wrap hair every night. Just follow the same steps every week or every other week when you wash your hair. if your not comfortable using my idea just come up with your own.



Your friend Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment