Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm getting my hair done this weekend...quick question?

I'm going to a new stylist this weekend to get a cut and color. I want to add some depth to my hair so I don't just want one solid color...and I don't want blonde, orange, or red toned hilights either. Would it look nice if I got highlights just about 1-2 shades lighter than my normal hair? My hair is dark brown.



Also, I have really coarse, frizzy, wavy hair. I normally always straight iron it. Should I go into the salon w/ my hair how it is if I don't straighten it? Would it help the stylist to be able to get a better idea of how to cut my hair?



I'm getting my hair done this weekend...quick question?

I think you should go into the salon with your hair the way it naturally is so she knows what she is dealing with. As far as highlighting, it depends on what kind of look you want. Going 1-2 shades lighter than your natural hair color is subtle, but it should look nice. If you wanted something more noticeable, go for the lighter and brighter colors.



I'm getting my hair done this weekend...quick question?

It would look great with those highlights it would be a subtle change. I think you should where your hair natural but definately explain that you straighten your hair regularly



I'm getting my hair done this weekend...quick question?

The general rule of thumb when going to a new stylist for the first time is to go in wearing your hair in it's normal style, the way you wear it most often. If that's straightened for you, go in with it straightened. It will be important for her to know the usual style for you anyway...if you usually part it on the right side, don't go in to the salon with it parted in the middle. This ensures you get the cut you desire.



As far as the highlights go, 1-2 shades of lighter brown may not be nearly as noticable as you'd like it to be. If you want something different (since you don't want the blonde streaks, etc), maybe try getting lowlights instead, depending on how dark brown your hair is. Lowlights are the opposite of highlights but they give a whole new dimension to your hair. If the hair is VERY dark brown, a lighter brown highlight may work, but it may be more than 1-2 shades lighter than natural hair color.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment